Friday, December 19, 2008

Taffanel & Gaubert Daily studies

If you are playing an instrument, scale and etude is a basic. When I started flute first at 15 years old, I used this book before I practice.
This book is 17 kinds, and to practice this book all of them, I had to spend 2 hours to 3 hours. When I was practice at first time, I did not know the reason why I have to do this because sometimes it was very boring and hard. However, now I carry this book always and practice without other's command.
This book is mandatory to flutist. this book is good for warm-up before practice. My favorite routine is 1, 2, 4, 7, and 10. I put all sound slur and practice with tonguing. If time allows, I change articulations. I think that changing articulations prevents weak sound so I can have same sound every note. I think that to practice 1 and 4 in this book is my warm-up routine everyday. Also, I think this book need practice all of them once a week at least. If it practice, I should think while practice. Thinking while practice is very important because if I don't think, that is just repeat so I can't make better sound. I should feel the tone of color and progress of sound.

No comments: