Tuesday, December 16, 2008

10/23/08 Shigenori Kudo master class

I am taking Keith Underwood’s Flute Repertoire class. In this class, there was a master class of Shigenori Kudo, who is Paris Ecole Normal’s professor. Shigenori Kudo studied with Jean Pierre Rampal who is one of the greatest flutist and he won that Jean Pierre Rampal International Compatition. He is currently a professor of Paris Ecole Normal and an active player. So I really wanted to participate the class. Even though I do not play in the class, but I thought that meeting with the person is my part of study and big help. He said that he arrived New York in the morning. He looks very tired, but he always smiled.
The master class started with his play for thirty minutes. He played Carmen fantasy, Mozart Sonata, and Enesco Cantabile. After playing, he received questions and answered. We asked questions about Jean Pierre Rampal mostly. Because he studied with him, we thought we could hear details about him. We also asked him lingual barrier problems and differences of lesson style during his study abroad. I also have problems like him, so although his experience was a past, I understood that I have to solve the problems now. I also thought that a person who has difference language and other difficult and who is successful has to put more effort than any other people, and I thought that I can make the dream come true if I do my best.

No comments: